Who can enter? Families, individuals, young bakers, businesses, schools, nonprofits.
How do I win a cash prize? Encourage family and friends to vote with dollars for your amazing creation. Houses with the most dollars win cash prizes totaling $1,600, thanks to our generous donors.
When can people see and vote for my house? In person during event hours, free admission for children, $1 donation requested for adults, or online until Monday, Dec. 5 at midnight, where you may also bid to buy a house.
Who benefits? Our community enjoys this 13th annual holiday tradition and the year-round arts enrichment opportunities provided by the Adams County Arts Council.
What are the rules to enter?
• Entry forms must be postmarked or received at the ACAC by Wed., Nov. 23, 2022 at 5 p.m. Entries exceeding size limits or not conforming to the rules will be ineligible for prizes.
• Entries must be made primarily of gingerbread. All decorations must be edible and are not limited to sweets.
• Entries must be delivered to the Adams County Arts Council Arts Education Center, 125 South Washington St., Gettysburg on Wednesday, Nov. 30, between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• School/Non-Profit Organization and Family/Individual/Amateur Baker entries receive $500 for first prize and $200 for second prize. A $200 first prize will be awarded to the Young Baker.
• Businesses must submit a $25 fee with entry form and compete for the coveted Ginger Trophy. The trophy will remain the property of the winning business until the next event. There is no fee for other categories.
• Entire entry must be presented on a solid base no larger than 24 inches by 24 inches. Please add feet under the base, to raise the base slightly, for ease of placement.
• Electricity is not available but battery-powered enhancement may be used.
• Identify your creation by attaching a copy of your entry form to the base.
• Entries become property of Adams County Arts Council and will be auctioned online during event hours and until Monday, December 5 at midnight.
• Entries will be photographed for online display and promotional purposes.
• Awards will be announced on our website and social media by Tuesday, December 6 at noon.